NYHUS ENTERPRISES OFFERS QUALITY E-COATING SERVICES
There are numerous benefits to electrocoating (e-coating), including cost efficiencies, line productivity and environmental advantages. The cost efficiencies in electrocoat are higher transfer efficiency, precise film-build control, and low manpower requirements. Increased line productivity in electrocoat is due to faster line speeds, dense racking of parts, non-uniform line loading, and reduced human fatigue or error. The environmental advantages are no- or low-VOC and HAPs products, heavy metal-free products, reduced exposure to workers of hazardous materials, reduced fire hazards, and minimum waste discharge.
- Uniform coating thickness over all areas including sharp corners, recesses, cavities and areas that would be hard to reach with spray paint.
- Water based and non-toxic
- Complete product paint coverage, no touch-up usually required.
- E-coating primers dry smooth and require little if any sanding or preparation prior to overcoating.
- Useful for any aggressive environment eg marine, areas of industrial pollution, area of high humidity.
In a typical e-coat paint process, parts are first cleaned and pretreated with a phosphate conversion coating to prep the part for electrocoating. Parts are then dipped into a paint bath where direct current is applied between the parts and a “counter” electrode. Paint is attracted by the electric field to the part and is deposited on the part. Parts are removed from the bath, rinsed to reclaim undeposited paint solids, and then baked to cure the paint.
Our system includes:
- 11-stage dual alkaline wash, an acid pickle stage with zinc phosphate, Dual alkaline wash, an acid pickle stage, tri chrome for aluminum 4 Stage E-Coat System
- Environmental Room with Nordson Colormax with I-Control, 10 automatic guns